WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Brown's Daily Word 1-22-14

Praise the Lord for this new day.  Praise the Lord for every new day.  It is going to very cold today - frigid -  but it will be getting warmer very soon.  I just got an e-mail from our friend in Indonesia, where it is very warm.  Spring is on its way here too and the valley shall blossom again.  Our Lord makes all things beautiful.  We will not meet this evening for our Wednesday evening gathering, so stay home and stay warm.  
    The following is a reading I came across by Dr. Gregory M. Lusignot:

Today when I awoke, I suddenly realized that this is the best day of my life, ever.  There were times I'd wondered if I'd ever make it to today, but I did.  And because I did, I'm going to celebrate.
Today I'm going to celebrate what an unbelievable life I have—the accomplishments, the many blessings, and, yes, even the hardships that have come into my life, because they have served to make me stronger.  I'll go through this day with my head held high and a happy heart.  I'll marvel at God's seemingly simple gifts—morning dew, sun, clouds, trees, flowers, birds.
Today none of these miracles will escape my notice.
Today I will share my excitement for life with other people.  I'll make someone smile.  I'll go out of my way to perform an unexpected act of kindness for someone I don't even know.
Today I'll give a sincere compliment to someone who seems down.  I'll tell a child how special she is, and I'll tell someone I love just how deeply I care for them and how much they mean to me.
Today is the day I'll quit worrying about what I don't have and start being grateful for all the wonderful things God's already given me.  I remember that to worry is just a waste of time, because my faith is in God and his divine plan, and that assures everything's going to be fine.
And tonight before I go to bed, I'll go outside and I'll raise my eyes to the heaven.  I'll stand in awe at the beauty of the stars and the moon.  I'll praise God for all this magnificence.
As the day ends and I lay my head down on my pillow, I'll thank God for the best day of my life, and I'll sleep the sleep of contentment, of a contented child, excited with expectation, because I know tomorrow is going to be the best day of my life, ever.
This could be the best day of our lives.
 In Christ,

 Brown


Dear Friends and Family,

    Praise the Lord for 2014.  It is going to be an exciting year for ministry and the mission of Jesus Christ, our Lord.  May Jesus our Lord bless us as we find the ways and means to celebrate His grace and love.  We are planning for an evening of great celebration on Saturday, February 8.  It will be held at 5 PM at the Fellowship Hall, Union Center United Methodist Church, 128 Maple Drive.

   Our own chef Danny Snyder will be preparing a very special banquet.  This will be prepared and served with much love.  Our own Aric Phinney, a gifted and talented musician, will be ministering to us in music.  There will be a time of testimonies and praises.  Please join us.  

Come, Share , Rejoice

   See you then and there.

         Brown

No comments: