WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Friday, April 19, 2013

Brown's Daily Word 4-19-13


Praise the Lord for this Friday. Those of you live in the region join us for our weekly TV outreach this eve at 7P on Time Warner ch 4. I am sharing frpm Psalm91. One of our ministry teams will be preparing a serving a special meal tomorrow to be served at 12 noon at the First United Methodist Church, 53 Mckinely Ave., Endicott. We will gather for worship at 8:30 and11:00AM at the Union Center UMC and at 9:30AM at the Wesley United Methodist Church. Join us. Plan to worship the Risen Lord whereever you might be on this coming Lord's day. When the saints sing and worship, when saints serve and give, Satan trembles.

We got a very sad news yesterday that our nephew Bryan, who lived in Syracuse with his wife and a little, girl, died unexpectedly. He was 39 years old. I had conducted his wedding few years ago. I came to the USA on 5th of September 1974, when Bryan was a baby. Bryan was born on the 5th of January, 1974. We also learned about the death of a sweet servant of Jesus, pastor Bill Turner. Pastor Bill served faithfully in Endicott. He was faithful partner in our Saturday ministry in Endicott. We praise the Lord for the eternal hope we have:
"in the sure and certain hope of the resurrection from the dead through Jesus Christ our Lord.... Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. 1 Corinthians 15:51-52
 
I was talking yesterday with our oldest daughter who lives with her family in Boston. She was sharing that once again Bostonians were on the road running, jogging by thousands. Then I was talking to Sunita who lives in Washington. She just reurned from the Republic of Georgia and visiting friends in Albania. She will be back to Cyprus and Israel in coming months. She was sharing how the world is full of the goodness and the grace of our Lord. We have seen the Lord brings out the best in His people and they move out to serve and share.

“The earth is the LORD’s and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to him. For He laid the earth’s foundations on the seas and built it upon the ocean depths” (vv. 1-2). “The earth is the LORD’s and everything in it…” As I read His Word.the Lord gives me His assurance that this is my Father’s world and nothing happens here that He does not know about. We serve a Living Saviour who is in the world today.

    “Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle” (vv. 7-8).

Here comes the King of glory, Jesus Christ, the one we serve and worship and he wants to have a presence in these lives. For we read in Psalm 24 “The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world and all who live in it…” Each heart belongs to him. So he beckons us to cry, “Open up in the name of the King!!!”
Who is this king? It is Jesus who won the battle on the cross and can win the battle for your soul, for the battle belongs to the LORD!

This is our call to worship. We serve the King of glory. He created us and He deserves our worship as the Creator of all that lives around us. He is holy and He deserves to have holy people serve him through faith in Jesus Christ. He is victorious and He deserves to have people serve Him who trust in Him that He has won the battle.
C.S. Lewis said, “The gospel means we can stop lying to ourselves. The sweet sound of amazing grace saves us from the necessity of self-deception. It keeps us from denying that though Christ was victorious, the battle with lust, greed, and pride still rages within us. As a sinner who has been redeemed, I can acknowledge that I am often unloving, irritable, angry and resentful with those closest to me. When I go to church I can leave my white hat at home and admit I have failed. God not only loves me as I am, but also knows me as I am. Because of this I don’t need to apply spiritual cosmetics to make myself presentable to Him. I can accept ownership of my poverty and powerlessness and neediness.”
How can we help but worship the Risen Lord, who allows us to come to Him in such a poverty stricken way as ourselves, honest and humble. Praise the Lord that He still calls us to worship and serve Him. By the grace of Jesus Christ this is our worship. See you in church.

In Christ

Brown

No comments: