WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Brown's Daily Word 4-29-09

Good Morning,
Praise the Lord for another brand new day in His Kingdom . I did read this story some time ago. In Scotland in the 1800's there lived a man of great promise and potential. He was engaged to be married and suddenly was discovered to have a degenerative eye disease which eventually left him blind. His fiancee refused to marry him and his world seemed to be falling apart. --- George Matheson wrote the hymn, “O Love That Will Not Let Me Go.” These are the words.O love that will not let me goI rest my weary soul in Thee;I give Thee back the life I owe,That in Thine ocean depths its flowMay richer, fuller be.O joy that seekest me through pain,I cannot close my heart to Thee;I trace the rainbow through the rain,And feel the promise is not vainThat morn shall tearless be.My very favorite line in that hymn is I trace the rainbow through the rain because it speaks of the beauty of hope in Jesus the Risen one through the storms of life.
In Christ,
Brown

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. C. S. Lewis I gave in, and admitted that God was God. C. S. Lewis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxH2Ow3ep88As Bill was approaching mid-life, physically he was a mess. Not only was he going bald, but years of office work had given him a large pot belly. The last straw came when he asked a woman co-worker out on a date, and she all but laughed at him. That does it, he decided. I'm going to start a whole new regimen. He began attending aerobics classes. He started working out with weights. He changed his diet. And he got an expensive hair transplant. In six months, he was a different man. Again, he asked his female co-worker out, and this time she accepted. There he was, all dressed up for the date, looking better than he ever had. He stood poised to ring the woman's doorbell, when a bolt of lightning struck him and knocked him off his feet. As he lay there dying, he turned his eyes toward the heavens and said, "Why, God, why now? After all I've been through, how could you do this to me?" From up above, there came a voice, "Sorry. I didn't recognize you."

No comments: