WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Monday, March 9, 2009

Brown's Daily Word 3-9-09

Good morning,
Praise the Lord. He is our life. He is our peace. He is our eternal reward. Praise the Lord for those who proclaim the Good News of Jesus in season and out of season. Praise the Lord for those who dare to follow Christ unafraid. Praise the Lord for the pastor in Illinois, who died in the sanctuary at the hands of a man who entered the sanctuary, spoke briefly to the pastor, and then opened fire at close range. The pastor had held up his Bible as the shots began, showering paper, like confetti, through the air, making the whole scene seem surreal.
Although it is atrocious and barbaric that one should enter a church and kill a servant of Christ, we praise the Lord for the wonderful assurance we have in Jesus. In Him we live, move, and have our being. All of us are just breath away from eternity. May we all live fully every day in Christ praising Him, worshipping Him, and serving Him.
I read a story a few years ago that in London, England, every day at noon a man by the name of Jim went to the church, sat down in the front row for 5 minutes, then slipped out. One day his pastor asked why he did this. Jim answered, “The world wears me down, and so I sit here in church and bow my head and say, ‘Jesus, this is Jim. I need your help today.’ And He always pours new strength into me.” One day Jim’s pastor was called to the hospital. Jim was dying. When the pastor went into the room, Jim asked everyone else to go out. Then he said, “Pastor, when they brought me here, they thought I was unconscious, but I heard them say that I was going to die. They left me alone for a few minutes but I felt the presence of Someone else in the room. I looked around but didn’t see anyone. Then I heard a sweet voice saying, ‘Jim, this is Jesus. I have come to take you home with Me. Don’t be afraid. I’ll go through the dark valley with you.’" Then Jim said to his pastor, “I’m not afraid. I’m ready to go", and within minutes his soul departed. Wouldn’t you like to live like that? Wouldn’t you like to have that same sense of Christ’s presence and be able to say along with the apostle Paul, “Whether I live, I am the Lord’s; whether I die, I am the Lord’s; so, whether I live or die, I am the Lord’s.”
This is the assurance reserved for those who have put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord.
In Christ,
Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt0WluTpFTg

No comments: