WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Brown's Daily Word 3-12-09

Good Morning,
One of my favorite Psalms is Psalm 30. I love to read it from time to time. After my grave illness in April 2003, the first Sunday I was back in the Pulpit I preached from this Psalm. This Psalm is beautiful and explosive. This Psalm thunders with the sounds and the triumphs of Resurrection. Many of us are dealing with the trials, tribulations and the tears of human existence today. Our Savior and Lord has the power transform our mourning in to dancing. He is the Lord of dance. He dances over sin, and shame. He dances over injustice and darkness, He dances over the powers and the principalities of Satan the adversary.
1 I will extol thee, O LORD, for thou hast drawn me up, and hast not let my foes rejoice over me. 2 O LORD my God, I cried to thee for help, and thou hast healed me. 3 O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from Sheol, restored me to life from among those gone down to the Pit. 4 Sing praises to the LORD, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name. 5 For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.
6 As for me, I said in my prosperity, "I shall never be moved." 7 By thy favor, O LORD, thou hadst established me as a strong mountain; thou didst hide thy face, I was dismayed. 8 To thee, O LORD, I cried; and to the LORD I made supplication: 9 "What profit is there in my death, if I go down to the Pit? Will the dust praise thee? Will it tell of thy faithfulness? 10 Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me! O LORD, be thou my helper!" 11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing; thou hast loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, 12 that my soul may praise thee and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to thee for ever.
A pastor was leaving his church one Sunday morning and passed the flower lady, an older lady who sold flowers to make her living. She stood at the same spot with her wares every day. And as was his custom, he stopped, gave her a dollar, got a flower and put it in his lapel. He sometimes had a conversation with her, and on this day he said, "How are you doing?" She replied, "I’m doing wonderful." He prodded, "Now, tell me truthfully. It couldn’t always be good. Don’t you have troubles?" She said, "Oh, sure. I have trouble. But you can’t get to the age I am without having troubles. I’ve learned how to handle them." He then said, "Well, tell me. How have you learned how to do this?" She replied gently to him, "You’re a pastor; you ought to know." She said, "Just think of Jesus on Good Friday. You know, Pastor, that was a terrible day. But three days later came the resurrection. I have a lot of Good Fridays in my life. I have a lot of setbacks and dark times and difficulties. But you know, every time I get hit and have a Good Friday, I just wait three days, and I start to see the light and I start to hope, and I start to have the resurrection."

In Christ the Hope of Glory.
Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RItaDaAB0MA

No comments: