WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Brown's Daily Word 7/12/16


Praise the Lord for this sweet and splendid summer season here in the America the Beautiful.  My life has gone through some tumbling events and moments during the last few weeks and my little world has become topsy-turvy.  I was all set to travel to Orissa, India on a short Mission trip on the 27th of June, along with our daughter Laureen, our son-in-law Andy ( Sunita's husband) and their dear friends Rob and Lee from Washington, DC.  Our dear friend Neil drove me to LaGuardia International Airport and I was in the airport way BEFORE TIME.  I checked my luggage for the International  flight and proceeded to hang around the Airport as I had ample time before my departure.  It was a beautiful summer day.  As I was lingering at the Airport, I developed some symptoms of weakness and illness.  As I was trying to deal with my apparent illness and weakness, I was given the wrong gate number and I missed my flight.  After some maneuvering with the Airline staff I rebooked my flight via a different route for the following day.  As I was waiting for my next flight I got sicker and weaker the airport.  After prayerful and painful consideration I canceled my flight to India.  I spent overnight in a hotel near the Airport.  The next day I decided to go to Washington, DC to be with Sunita and her children.  My wife Alice was already in Washington with Sunita and our grandchildren while Andy was on the Mission Trip to India.  My flight was scheduled for an evening flight.  The Weather in Washington DC became turbulent  and the flights to Washington were delayed, then canceled.  Finally I got a seat on the last flight on a stand by status and landed in Washington around 1:00 am.  I was getting sicker, weaker and exhausted. 



        Praise the Lord for His faithfulness.  I spent two days and one night in New York City. " My prayer life was enhanced during those turbulent and tumultuous moments."  I have been traveling on International routes for last 42 years.  I had never before purchased Travel insurance.  I had never missed a flight.  I had never canceled a flight.  This is the first time I had purchased travel Insurance, which will cover my travel cancellation expenses and other expenses.   The team traveled to Orissa, India as planned, where the Lord used the team with great favor and fervor. The team returned back to the States rejoicing and praising the Lord for the mighty deeds He performed.  Laureen preached in some of the slots where I was scheduled to preach.  Rob preached during one of the major assemblies when I was scheduled to preach.  Laureen shared that the Lord kept the team healthy and  strong.  Each member of the team was used to bring beautiful blessings to the people.  The Lord blessed their travels and He blessed their encounters with people with much joy and grace.  The team members saw once again first hand the wonder-working power of Jesus in the world today.  I had to cancel all my preaching appointments along with other family and social appointments.  Laureen whispered in my ears loudly few times that It was the best short term mission trip she had taken to India.  One of the great blessings if the ordeal was that Alice and I spent uninterrupted days with our grandchildren In Washington, DC, along with our sweet daughter Sunita.



Our journeys will have ups and downs, but they never will fail to bring us home the Eternal City.

  1. "God moves in a mysterious way
    His wonders to perform;
    He plants His footsteps in the sea
    And rides upon the storm.
  2. Deep in unfathomable mines
    Of never failing skill
    He treasures up His bright designs
    And works His sov’reign will.
  3. Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;
    The clouds ye so much dread
    Are big with mercy and shall break
    In blessings on your head.
  4. Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
    But trust Him for His grace;
    Behind a frowning providence
    He hides a smiling face.
  5. His purposes will ripen fast,
    Unfolding every hour;
    The bud may have a bitter taste,
    But sweet will be the flow’r.
  6. Blind unbelief is sure to err
    And scan His work in vain;
    God is His own interpreter,
    And He will make it plain. " William Cowper

In Christ.

 Brown

No comments: