WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Friday, September 18, 2015

Brown's Daily Word 9/17/15

Today is one of the ten best days.  It is my birthday.  I share this birthday with many other friends.  Praise the Lord for special days in our lives.  We pause and ponder and praise the Lord for His great love and for His tender mercies.
    "But God commends his own love toward us,in that while we were yet sinners,Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8 Love is a gift, pure and simple.  You can't earn it, manufacture it, manipulate it or coerce it in any way.  All you can do is receive it humbly and graciously when it's offered … and be thankful.  This morning I slept late.  When I woke up I spent some listening to wonderful hymns of the church.  I feasted on the blessings of the Lord.  It has been a very sunny and brilliant day.  It was cloudless, abundant, and beautiful.  I walked along Main Street for some time this morning and met some people who were conversing and greeting.  Later I got some natural wild honey, unadulterated and un-pasteurized, from some people who live in the farms and woods not far from us. 


 I have received so much love expressed and extended to me with words of grace and kindness this day  from around the corner and around the world.  I am so blessed and so loved.  I thank the Lord for each and every one of you.  The journey that we are on together is worth taking .        As I walked today I received so many smiles  from people.  One of the best birthday gifts I receive is a smile and some laughter.  I  call them simple gifts.  They are  free, yet very profound.  A genuine smile is one of the simplest gifts we have to share.  Mother Teresa said it best when she said, "Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing."  "If you see a friend without a smile, give him one of yours."

    Add to smiling the gift of laughter.  Mary Waldrip says, "A laugh is a smile that bursts."  I like what Victor Borge said, "Laughter is the closest distance between two people."  It refreshes us, clears out the toxins and brings us together, as one.  A Yiddish proverb says, "What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul." A good belly laugh is one of the best ways I know to relieve stress.  Praise the Lord for these simple gifts.  Of course, we all know the old adage, "Laughter is the best medicine," but there's more to it than merely a catch phrase. Researchers link laughter to all sorts of medical benefits.       There's no end to the simple gifts for which we have to be thankful, but allow me to add to the list the gifts of faith, hope and love.  Make no mistake about it – they're gifts, pure and simple.  They can only be received freely – as gifts – and not obtained by any other means.

In Christ,

 Brown


No comments: