WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Brown's Daily Word 2/21/15

Praise the Lord for this Saturday afternoon. Alice and I just got back from spending a few days in Washington, DC visiting Laureen, Sunita, Andy, Gabe, and their friends. It is always a big treat for us to be with Laureen, Sunita, Andy, Gabe and the rest. We drove home this today, arriving this afternoon. The Lord gave us a very safe travel. They are forecasting that we will have the warm weather in the North East in a very short week. Thank you, Jesus. We are Getting ready for Sunday. We will meet for worship at Wesley at 9:00 AM. Sunday School will meet at Union Center at 9:00, and for worship at 10:15 AM. Wherever you might be, join the worship of our Lord tomorrow, rock the city and drive Satan away, proclaim the good news, and sing praises to Jesus. You will be blessed and Jesus will be praised and glorified. I love to read the stories of pastors and servants of Jesus who have gone before us. In the 1920's a young man by the name of A. M. Overton became the pastor of the First Baptist Church of Baldwyn, Mississippi. Baldwyn is a small community in northern Mississippi on the road between Tupelo and Corinth. Back in the 1920's Baldwyn was just a tiny place. In 1932 Mrs. Overton was pregnant with their fourth child, but when it came time for delivery there were complications and both she and the baby died. During the funeral, the preacher officiating the service noticed Pastor Overton writing something on a piece of paper. After the service the minister asked him about it, and he handed him the paper with a poem he had just written. The poem was unknown for many years until someone set it to music. It eventually went around the world. The poem is called “He Maketh No Mistake.”
  My Father’s way may twist and turn My heart may throb and ache,
But in my soul I’m glad to know, He maketh no mistake.
My cherished plans may go astray, My hopes may fade away,
But still I’ll trust my Lord to lead,
For He doth know the way.
Tho’ night be dark and it may seem That day will never break,
I’ll pin my faith, my all, in Him, He maketh no mistake.
There’s so much now I cannot see, My eyesight’s far too dim,
But come what may, I’ll simply trust and leave it all to Him.
For by and by the mist will lift, And plain it all He’ll make,
Through all the way, tho’ dark to me, He made not one mistake.


That will be the testimony of every child of God. When we finally get to heaven, we’ll look back over the pathway of life and see that through all the twists and turns and seeming detours that He was with us all the way. Until that morning comes and the sunlight of God’s presence fills our faces, we move on through the twilight, still believing that though life is hard ,God is good. In the end we will say with all the children of God as we look back on our earthly pilgrimage, “He made not one mistake.”


  Let us Fear Not. Our Lord is glorious. His love never ends. Let us plan to gather in His House with His people tomorrow. See you in church.
   In Him, Brown http://youtu.be/6_KXsMCJgBQ

No comments: