WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Brown's Daily Word - 3-26-14

    Praise the Lord for this good day.  The Lord is upon His throne and all is well .  We will gather for Wednesday Evening gathering for fellowship and study at 6 PM.  Whenever and wherever we gather in the name of Jesus He is already there waiting for us. 

    I heard from a couple from our church yesterday.  The wife at a young age had a stroke.  She is recovering at home with several other health concerns.  In spite her health predicaments she wants to continue to serve the Lord be a blessing to others.  She and her dear husband went to visit some people at a  nursing home.  They sent me a note that it was great blessing to visit, saying, "We came home energized".  Praise the Lord for the way He infuses us with his power and grace.  He has the power to break every chain. 

    I was visiting some people yesterday.  One woman is 89 years old, and she still lives in her own home.  She is one of the fervent and faithful prayer warriors of the Lord.  She told me, "Our God awesome... You can never out give our God". 

    Another person I visited is 93 years old.  She lives in her own home.  She was sewing.  Her husband went to be with Lord last September.  He was 93 years old.  They both were born in 1920.  They were married for 73 years. They both loved the Lord and served Him. She radiates the love and the Joy of the Lord. 

    Another person I visited is 87 years old and living at home.  It was his birthday yesterday.  One of his beautiful daughters was at home to celebrate his birthday along with the rest of the family. 

    Another woman I visited is a young medical professional.  She in her late twenties.  She is from Crimea.  She is a beautiful Christian.  She shared about the turmoil and upheaval that is going in Crimea. 

    Another person I was visiting is another medical professional, who was born in Uzbekistan.  She and her family has immigrated to America, the beautiful.  They are committed Christians. 

    Praise the Lord that we serve a Savior who is faithful.  He is mighty and merciful.  Our life is an offering to God every day.  We need to wake up in the morning and say, "Lord, I'm turning to you.  I'm giving myself to you.  I'm putting myself at your disposal again.  I'm here to serve you.  Everyday."

    I want to share  a reading I came across by Dr. Gregory M. Lusignot:

Today when I awoke, I suddenly realized that this is the best day of my life, ever. There were times I'd wondered if I'd ever make it to today, but I did. And because I did, I'm going to celebrate.

Today I'm going to celebrate what an unbelievable life I have—the accomplishments, the many blessings, and, yes, even the hardships that have come into my life, because they have served to make me stronger. I'll go through this day with my head held high and a happy heart. I'll marvel at God's seemingly simple gifts—morning dew, sun, clouds, trees, flowers, birds.
Today none of these miracles will escape my notice.
Today I will share my excitement for life with other people. I'll make someone smile. I'll go out of my way to perform an unexpected act of kindness for someone I don't even know.
Today I'll give a sincere compliment to someone who seems down. I'll tell a child how special she is, and I'll tell someone I love just how deeply I care for them and how much they mean to me.
Today is the day I'll quit worrying about what I don't have and start being grateful for all the wonderful things God's already given me. I remember that to worry is just a waste of time, because my faith is in God and his divine plan, and that assures everything's going to be fine.
And tonight before I go to bed, I'll go outside and I'll raise my eyes to the heaven. I'll stand in awe at the beauty of the stars and the moon. I'll praise God for all this magnificence.
As the day ends and I lay my head down on my pillow, I'll thank God for the best day of my life, and I'll sleep the sleep of contentment, of a contented child, excited with expectation, because I know tomorrow is going to be the best day of my life, ever.

This could be the best day of your life—and tomorrow and the day after that.

In Christ,

 Brown

No comments: