WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Friday, January 17, 2014

Brown's Daily Word 1-17-14

Praise the Lord Friday.  Sunday is coming.  It has been a blessed week.  Praise the Lord for His faithfulness.  He is mighty to save to the uttermost.  What a mighty God we serve.  Our youngest granddaughter celebrated her 3rd birthday yesterday.  She called us twice yesterday to say that it was her birthday yesterday. She told us about some special things her mommy and daddy did for her on her birthday.
    One of our friends is traveling next week, by herself, on a short term mission trip.  Though she is going on by herself, we know that the Lord has already gone before her and prepared the way for her. 

    We are planning for our preaching mission trip in April.  Thank you for praying.  Praise the Lord for the Mission of our Lord Jesus Christ around the corner and around the globe.  It is no secret what God can do.  What He has done for others He will do for you.  

    I have been reading some writings by Dr. Harry S. Wright, Sr. the pastor emeritus for the Cornerstone Baptist Church in Brooklyn, NY.    He writes, "There was a wonderful woman in Shiloh Church, where I grew up.  My dad came to Shiloh Church in 1927, and he pastored that church for 25 years.  The woman's name was Miss Ella Kelly.  She's been upstairs a long time.  Miss Ella Kelly sat over in the amen corner, and when Daddy was preaching, her antiphonal refrain was "He will do it."  Miss Ella Kelly never said, "Amen."  I never heard her say, "Amen."  She never said, "Preach."  She didn't say, "Praise him."  She simply said, "He will do it."  And she turned the volume up on will.  He will do it.  When Daddy died, I succeeded him at that same church.  And when I was trying to preach, Miss Ella Kelly had that same antiphonal refrain.  "He will do it. He will. He will do it."

    I tried to zoom in the camera and dissect that antiphonal refrain.  He will do it.  I picked that apart.  He will do it. In a philosophical term, we call that "extrapolation." Miss Ella Kelly was extrapolating.  She was drawing a futuristic conclusion based on a past experience.

     He will do it.  He who, Miss Ella?  The Master.  Will do what, Miss Ella?  Make a way.  How do you know that?  I know what he's already done.  He'll open doors for you.  He'll put food in the refrigerator.  He'll put wheels in the garage.  He'll put clothes in your closet.  He'll put a smile on your face.  He'll put a star in your sky. He will do it.

    Jesus, Savior, pilot me over life's tempestuous sea.  Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.  Jesus paid it all, all to him I owe.  Sin had left a crimson stain; he washed it white as snow.  What can make me holy?  Nothing but the blood of Jesus.  What can wash me white as snow?  Nothing but the blood of Jesus."

    What a way to live by knowing, loving, and serving Jesus!

In Him,

Brown

No comments: