WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Brown's Daily Word 9-17-13

    Praise the Lord for this good day.  I was born this very day so many years ago.  I was born in the house that my grandfather built, in the remote and very rustic village of Orissa, India, situated almost 7000 feet above sea level.  The village is surrounded by majestic mountains and studded with rain forest where the elephants, tigers, wild buffaloes, deer, and all kinds of exotic animals roamed.  It is also surrounded by mango groves and a great variety of fruit trees.  I was the first born.  My mom never saw a doctor during her pregnancy, but I was bathed with  prayer love.  I was born loved and very blessed.  Still today I am so loved and so very blessed.  Thank you for your birthday greetings on Facebook from around the corner and around the globe. 

    Yesterday I went to visit some one who had had an open heart surgery out of state( Pennsylvania). ( He is just two years older than me.)  As I drove, gazing at the majestic mountains, stunning alleys, and driving past corn fields, I was reminded some of the mountains back in the village in Orissa , India.  On my way I stopped at a big dairy farm where I was able to purchase some Maple syrup and unpasteurized local honey.  I had the opportunity to talk to the farmer, who is a committed Christian.  We shared  about the rich blessings of Jesus.  I praise the Lord for His rich blessings of grace and mercy in my life.  I usually read from Psalm 103 for my birthday.

"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s." (Psalm 103:1-5)

    Psalm 103  is a prayer by David, in which he talks to his own soul and reminds himself to “bless the Lord” and “forget not all his benefits.”  He gave himself a sturdy reminder of the ways in which the Lord is so good to us.


    In his sermon on Psalm 103, Clovis Chappell said that on the west coast of England there is the grave of a man who was much loved by all who knew him. When he died, these words were inscribed on his headstone.  “Here lies a man who was satisfied with Jesus.”  Chappell then added this benediction: “If that can be said of us, we have sufficient reasons to make all of time and eternity one great thanksgiving day.”

   In Christ our  Eternal Contemporary.

     Brown

http://youtu.be/RpRCClg8pEY

No comments: