WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Brown's Daily Word 8-13-13

It has been a beautiful week.  Janice, Jeremy, Micah, Simeon, and Ada went camping over the weekend in a very rustic campground in Northwestern Massachusetts.  They all returned back to Boston yesterday.  Sunita and Andy drove up to New York from Washington, DC yesterday, arriving late last evening.  One of young Christian leaders from Orissa, India is visiting us thus week.  Our VBS is in full swing. 
    The children with their spontaneity, creativity, and zeal bring out the child in us.  Praise the Lord for every one who labors with so much love to bless the children, the little lambs of Jesus. One of the songs the children were singing yesterday "  "Soon and very soon we are going to see the King".  The song talks about heaven. 

    I am thinking of some of the men I have known who loved Jesus and have served Him well with great devotion and dedication.  One of them is Oscar.  I met Oscar in 1990.  He was a great encourager to me.  He built some very custom made book cases for my study at the parsonage and the office at the church.  Oscar went home to be with Jesus few weeks ago, at 93 years of age.  Another saint of Jesus is George.  Together with his wife of 67 years George lives in Vermont.  George is one of the men who has been a source of encouragement for me.  Now George has been put in Hospice care.  His dear and beloved family has taken him home for the hospice care.  Another man of Jesus who has been a son of encouragement for me is Glenn, who lives in Pennsylvania with his wife.  Glenn has been very ill lately, requiring intensive hospitalization.  

    In our weekly Television outreach I invariably mention heaven.  We go there in and through Jesus alone.  I do know that there will be someone who is watching that program that night who may not be on this side of eternity a week from that night.  The book pf Revelation pictures heaven as a huge bustling city.  I suspect that John's vision in the Book of Revelation is really like a blind man describing a rainbow, or like two farmers who have spent their entire lives on the prairie's  trying to talk about a mountain vista or the vast glaciers of Alaska.  Heaven will be beyond our wildest imaginations! 

    An unknown author wrote, "As a boy, I thought of heaven as a city with domes, spires, and beautiful streets, inhabited by angels.  By and by my little brother died, and I thought of heaven much as before, but with one inhabitant that I knew.  Then another died, and then some of my acquaintances, so in time I began to think of heaven as containing several people that I knew.  But it was not until one of my own little children died that I began to think I had treasure in heaven myself. Afterward another went, and yet another.  By that time I had so many acquaintances and children in heaven that I no more thought of it as a city merely with streets of gold but as a place full of friends.  Now there are so many loved ones there I sometimes think I know more people in heaven than I do on earth." Boring?  I don't think so!

    There is at least one other thing will keep heaven from becoming boring.  Aside from the people, the places, or the vast array of things to do, Jesus  will be there! For those who know him here and love him now, being with him could never be a waste of time or anything less than the most exciting, exhilarating experience imaginable!  Jesus's  presence makes heaven, heaven!

    People who haven't yet gotten acquainted with Jesus can't possibly imagine how fascinating, creative, and exciting He can be.  His love is without limits.  His imagination goes beyond anything that has yet crossed our minds.  To know Him is to love Him.  To love him is to want to know him more and spend forever discovering the vast richness of his blessings.  This is what following Jesus is all about — beginning the never-ending adventure of discovering Jesus.  All that and heaven too!

 In Christ,

 Brown

http://youtu.be/EQcTn_oEuxU

No comments: