WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Brown's Daily Word 7-24-13

     Praise the Lord for summer season.  I love summer.  The Lord blessed me with three summer seasons this year.  It was summer time in November and December while I was in Australia last November and December.  While I was in India I got into the latter part of summer in India along all the sweet summer fruits.  Now back in America the beautiful. it is hotter than it has been   in India.  The Lord blessed us with His joy and grace during the worship services last Sunday.  Micah, Simeon, and Ada, the "Fresh Air" children from Boston are here for the week along  with their parents.  It is a great treat for us.  We are loving every hour of it.  For this we give thanks to Jesus our Lord.

    I have been looking at Psalm 40.  David, having told us of his experience of deliverance in the first part of the Psalm, tells us what we are saved unto.  He puts it like this - He "set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.  And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord" .

     Let our testimony not be to anything in us - as though we have done anything to save ourselves.  Let our testimony be to the Lord and what He has done.

    "You hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins" (Ephesians 2: 1).  That is the way Paul describes this transformation.  It is not that we decided, or chose, or changed and turned over a new leaf and started to go to church and read the Bible.  No, no, that is a man-centred testimony and David has nothing to do with it here.  He says it was the Lord who took me out of this horrible place.   He set my feet upon a rock.  He established my goings.  He put a new song in my mouth.

    This 'rock' as rock is a place where we  have a foundation.  You try running about in mud and see what happens, you slither and slip and slide and fall - any child knows that.  However, if you are on a rock, you are on a firm footing and you can move with confidence; you know that your next step will be sure.  That is the difference between the world's movements and the movements of a Christian.  We are on a rock, sure and secure, we are standing upon a rock; it is solid standing ground.

    There is a lot of slipping taking place in the world today.  David says thank God  that He got me out of that  fearful "pit" and "miry clay" and He made me stand  on the "Rock" and God "established my goings" - and He put "a new song in my mouth".  David was singing the praises of God, the glories of His grace.  "He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.  And he hath put a new song in my mouth" . Let this be our song of praise and thanksgiving.

  In Jesus the great deliverer.

     Brown

http://youtu.be/IpVsF4W8V2Y

No comments: