WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Brown's Daily Word 5-22-13

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of Creation. This evening we will gather for a meal together at 6 PM, followed by Bible study at 6:30 PM. I wrote yesterday about summertime in Orissa. The Lord blessed us with a summer-like day yesterday, as the outside temperature reached 92 F in my car as I was driving. Alice and I walked for about three miles last evening. Alice noticed a "rainbow" encircling the moon. We also saw lightening in the far away Northern sky. Praise the Lord for the way He decorates the evening sky for His glory and honor.

I heard from several yesterday,regarding how the these devotions are a blessing to you. I am blessed as I ponder anew what the Lord has done in my life, what He is doing in your lives, and what He is doing all over the world. Blessed be His Name.

We are all stunned and saddened about the magnitude of the tragedy that has occurred in Oklahoma. We know personally several families and friends who ,live in Oklahoma. They are all safe. We will keep on praying and trusting the Lord in the midst of suffering and sorrow. It appears that we must attend at one time or another the School of suffering. I have been to the Graduate and post Graduate School of suffering. The school of suffering contains hard courses. One of the courses in the school suffering is when tragedy occurs. The scenes of tragedy and devastation overwhelm us. In the midst of all of this, we struggle with the challenges of our own individual lives, such as when lab reports return with news we were not expecting. Tragedy blurs. We become desensitized. We become fatigued by shock.
    In the school of suffering, we have but OneText, and Jesus Christ is the Master Teacher. There are several places the believer can go for help. One is Psalm 61: "Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to You, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in Your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of Your wings. For You, God, have heard my vows; You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name. Increase the days of the king's life, his years for many generations. May he be enthroned in God's presence forever; appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him. Then I will ever sing in praise of Your name and fulfill my vows day after day."
Psalm 61 begins with a lamentation, but it ends with a celebration. Verse 8 says, “So will I ever sing praise to your name, as I perform my vows day after day.” Grateful praise is the appropriate response to answered prayer. Augustine wrote: “They that are godly are oppressed and vexed in the church or congregation for this purpose: that when they are pressed, they should cry; and when they cry, that they should be heard; and when they are heard, that they should laud and praise God.”

With a sense of determination, David concluded, “So will I ever sing praise to your name.” The answer to David’s prayer had not yet come. Still, he predetermined his response. In fact, he determined his response before the prayer ended. David was a skilled musician and a sweet singer, but he did not choose to sing to God on the basis of his musical gifts and talents. Answered prayer should result in songs of praise, whether you can sing or not. Psalm 92:1 says, “It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to your name, O Most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning, and your faithfulness by night.”

David said, “So I will ever sing praises to your name, as I perform my vows day after day”. Hebrews 13:15 says, “Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.”

I CAN HEAR THE SAVIOR SAY,
“THY STRENGTH INDEED IS SMALL!”
CHILD OF WEAKNESS, WATCH AND PRAY,
FIND IN ME THINE ALL IN ALL.”

JESUS PAID IT ALL,
ALL TO HIM I OWE;
SIN HAD LEFT A CRIMSON STAIN
HE WASHED IT WHITE AS SNOW.

In Christ,
Brown
http://youtu.be/rwGW8qRqz4I

No comments: