WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Brown's Daily Word 1-14-11

Good morning,
Praise the Lord for this day good day the Lord has given us to love and glorify Him and share His grace and blessing with those around us. Praise the Lord, for He is the Lord of the church, who has placed an open door before that no one can shut. Please pray for us for our weekly TV outreach this evening on Time Warner Cable channel 4 at 7 PM. I will be sharing from, Mathew 2.
Some of our team members will be preparing and serving the meal for the needy at the First UMC Endicott at 12 noon tomorrow. We will gather for our Saturday Evening Worship service at The First UMC Endicott at 6 PM tomorrow with pizza and chicken wings for fellowship supper and the worship at 6:30PM. I will be bringing the welcoming greetings. Rev. Earle Cowden will be the worship Leader. The featured speakers for the worship will be Rev. Bill Turner, and Dr. Elizabeth Droz, PH. D, the dean of Students of the Binghamton University.
We will gather for worship on Sunday at 8:30 and 11:00AM at the Union Center United Methodist Church and at 9:30AM at the Wesley UMC. Please pray for us and those who live in the vicinity join for a great time worship celebration.
Alice is packed and ready to drive to Boston , to care for Micah and Simeon . Janice called last night to put her mom on alert that she is due deliver little Ada at any time soon. Laureen is with our friend Kelly Johnson in Memphis TN, attending a national prayer conference and prayer concert in Indianapolis. Sunita is flying to Uganda on a work assignment this coming Monday. She will be there for 12 days.
When I ponder about the marvelous Gospels of our Lord Jesus I get excited. It was no wonder Paul was so eager to share that message. Paul was so eager because he was calling people to a revolution. The kingdom of Jesus is not an institution; it is a revolution. Paul said, “I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ”. He was not ashamed of it because Paul knew that it had completely changed his life. Saul of Tarsus became Paul the apostle. King Jesus had changed him from persecutor to preacher. That zealot who was out to kill Christians, was now zealous to save souls. He was once on a mission to imprison Christians but now he was on a mission to the entire world trying to tell people about this Jesus. Paul knew that this gospel was powerful because it had the power to change him, a Christ-hater and Christian persecutor, and the power to revolutionize the world.
Bob Moorehead wrote an essay a few years back entitled, “The Fellowship of the Unshamed.”
"I am a part of the fellowship of the Unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit
Power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has
been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won’t look back, let up, slow
down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense,
and my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, sight
walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions,
mundane talking, chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.
"I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or
popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised,
regarded, or rewarded. I now live by presence, learn by faith, love by
patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power.
"My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my
way is rough, my companions few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
"I won’t give up, back up, let up, or shut up until I’ve preached up, prayed
up, paid up, stored up, and stayed up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go until He returns, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He comes.
"And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My colors will be clear for 'I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes..' (Romans 1:16)"
Jesus the King is calling us to be a part of this revolution.
In Jesus our Lord

Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ1vXATVF6I




32 Hrs of Prayer for John 17 UNITY, Reconciliation & Healing of Our Nation (Over Martin Luther King’s 25th Anniversary)**



Two by Two is on our way to Indianapolis for a ‘Supreme Day of Prayer’ hosted at the Madame C J Walker Theatre – unlike any other this event is hosted by Prayer Ministries coming together in UNITY from across our nation. All for the Name of Jesus J



The Program, Partners and the John 17 Purpose is clearly spelled out at www.tcaamusic.net



**Here’s the exciting part – We’ve established a Prayer Line of 32 hours of continuous prayer across our nation

starting at 10 pm on Sunday the 16th and YOU (and any of your family/staff/congregation) can JOIN US!



For a detailed list of all the organizations and prayer times please see the file attached above

OR just call in and join us at any time starting Sunday at 10 pm EST.



32 Hours of Continuous Prayer

MLK Tribute: Supreme Day of Prayer

Phone Prayer Room

1 – 712-432-0232

Code 955964#

Eastern Times (please adjust for your time zone)

Contact: Sarah Lowe, National Area Leader, NDP TF

615.497.6119 ndpscan@bellsouth.net



Trusting JESUS to SHOW UP in MIGHTY Ways as we UNITE Across Our Nation in PRAYER!!!

No comments: