WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Brown's Daily Word 8-31-10

Good morning,
Praise the Lord for this glorious day in His Kingdom. Our Lord is in control. Yesterday evening I was coming home after visiting family and friends, and had been to the viewing for Gladys Ketchum in the funeral home. I was one mile from the parsonage, driving in a 30 mile per hour zone when suddenly, from out of nowhere, a large deer tried jump over my car. Unfortunately it missed and landed on the hood of my car, causing substantial damage to the car. I was not shaken; I was very calm. I called for the police and he was there in no time. Then I drove my car home. My wife says she thinks that my car is totaled. I praise the Lord for His protection.
The deer came flying out of my blind spot; I could not see the deer. Blind spots are created by virtue of the fact that we don't have eyes all around our heads, and hence it is physically impossible to see everything at once. Blind spots exist not only in the physical world, but also in the spiritual world. When we have spiritual blind spots, we cannot see what God is doing. When you have a spiritual blind spot, God may be doing something fantastic right in your midst and you still will not see it.
I read the following joke some time ago. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal and a bottle of wine, they lay down for the night and went to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend, "Watson, look up and tell me what you see." Watson replied, "I see millions and millions of stars." Holmes persisted in his inquiry, "What does that tell you?"
Watson pondered for a minute. "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all-powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. Why, what does it tell you?"
Holmes then said, "Watson you idiot, someone has stolen our tent." Sometimes we are blind to what is going on right in our midst, and in a spiritual sense, we can be blind to what God is doing so well for us.
How many times we have seen people who are unhappy with their lives because not everything is going the way they want. It may be especially true here in America, where the poorest of us lives so much better than so many people around the world. Too often we allow things to pile up on us and we miss out on what joy the Lord has provided for us right here in front of us. Blind spots come into our lives, and we cannot see what great things the Lord is doing right in our midst.
If we were to observe all of the greatness of the Lord's work in our lives, we would jump for joy at just how good the Lord has been to us. He gives us food to eat, water to drink, people to love, places to worship, air to breathe, and strength to live. Oh, praise the lord!
Sadly, it is possible to be touched by the Lord yet not know Him. It is common everyday and everywhere…The blessed are the ones who, in response to the working of God in their lives, choose to seek Him out, to find out more about Him, in order to get to know Him "and the power of His resurrection.” Our Lord is working in each of our lives, though at times we may not recognize it as His working. It may just seem like the ordinary birth of a child or an insignificant change in jobs or just another sunrise. However, each of those of events is an evidence that God is working in us. He desires to open our eyes to His love toward us and our response toward Him. Right now, He may be using the very mundane, and maybe even the very extraordinary, circumstances in our lives to open our eyes to His Majesty and to His authority.
In Christ,
Brown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDN623rmnEY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)
--
http://www.miriadafilms.ru/ приобрести фильмы
для сайта brownnaik.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Почему регистрация не работает ?