WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Brown's Daily Word 2-2-10

Good morning,
Praise the Lord for the Church, the Body of Christ on earth. The local Church remains the single strongest influence to bring isolated, solitary people into a community of fellowship. The Church has been called the "Fellowship of the Unashamed". Paul experienced the power of the Gospel first hand in a dramatic way. He became committed to Jesus for life. He became passionate about sharing the Gospel. Paul wrote the book of Romans to tell people that God’s kingdom has come, the Old Testament has been fulfilled, and the Messiah, whose real name is Jesus, is the anointed one. He is also said that this Jesus is Lord, He is Savior, He is the true Son of God, He is the prince of peace, and His death and resurrection bring true peace to this world. "And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:13)
It is not Caesar, or any other world leader, who is god and worthy of worship, but King Jesus, who reigns from his throne in heaven forever! Neither are we to give our allegiance to the Roman Empire or any empire of man, but our allegiance and our devotion belong to Jesus and to His Kingdom, which is an eternal empire and an eternal kingdom.
Caesars will die, Rome will burn, nation will rise against nation, heaven and earth will pass away but King Jesus will build his kingdom and the gates of Hades will not conquer it ever. One day the world will bow to King Jesus and confess that He, not Caesar or any other worldly leader, is Savior and Lord. Jesus Christ is Lord of Lords, and King of Kings. This is the gospel. The whole world does not belong to Caesar, but it truly belongs to Jesus.
This gospel of Jesus Christ is not for the weak. The gospel of King Jesus is a radical, revolutionary message that often flies in the face of the establishment. Thousands of Christians a year around the world are killed each year because of the gospel. And why? The Gospel is revolutionary, it is for revolutionaries, and it will always cost you something if you truly feel called to share it.
This Gospel of Jesus is crazy, in the world's view. For the early Christians in Rome it was get real, or get out. There was no sitting on the fence. You could die because of this King Jesus message, and if you really weren’t certain about it, why risk your life for it?
Bob Moorehead wrote an essay a few years back entitled, “The Fellowship of the Unshamed.”
It follows:
I am a part of the fellowship of the Unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit Power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, mundane talking, chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by presence, learn by faith, love by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power.

My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear.

I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won’t give up, back up, let up, or shut up until I’ve preached up, prayed up, paid up, stored up, and stayed up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go until He returns, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He comes.

And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My colors will be clear for, "I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes." (Romans 1:16)

All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name
Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itUNSwS4q9E

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently discussing about how involved with technology our daily lives have become. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory decreases, the possibility of uploading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could see in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.zoomshare.com/2.shtml]R4 SDHC[/url] DS BlogServ)