WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Brown's Daily Word 10-08-09

Good Morning.
It is going to be one of the brilliant days. Autumn colors are in full burst. Praise the Lord for the way He displays wonderful colors and the way He demonstrates His glory and power. In this vast domain and in the universe our Lord God is mindful of us. He demonstrates and displays His pathos and passion towards us. In his book entitled, "Thoughts in Solitude," the late great French-born American Roman Catholic Trappist monk, poet, author, social activist, and student of comparative religion, wrote these words, which have come to be known as "The Merton Prayer:"
"My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following Your Will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please You does in fact please You. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this You will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore, I will trust You always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for You are ever with me, and You will never leave me to face my perils alone."
This is a beautiful prayer. Sometimes knowing God’s Will for our lives can be somewhat of a mystery. Yet, the Lord our God honors our desire to please Him. He honors our intentions to please Him. I love the spiritual song, "Lord I want to be a Christian in my heart. Lord I want to be like Jesus in my heart... in my heart... in my heart. Lord I want to be like Jesus in my heart." The Lord of hosts is our Lord God. He demonstrates His prevenient grace towards us. He desires to be near to us on a personal level. His will for us is personal. Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV), tells us, "’For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,’ saith the Lord, ’thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.’" He has a Will for specifically designed for each of our lives!
Our Lord God, who can uphold and sustain the Universe, at the same time can hear our prayer about our job situation! Though the earth’s Sun keeps all the planets in our solar system in orbit that same Sun will warm our faces as if it has no other purpose! Likewise, we have a God Who has created all of the Universe and holds it together, Who will lead us and guide us personally as if He had nothing else to do! Almighty God wants to be intimately involved in every detail of our lives if we are willing to let Him!
Luke 12:6-7 (KJV) records Jesus, the Christ, saying, "Are not two sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? (v. 7) But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows." Almighty God is concerned about the details of our individual lives! The Apostle Paul tells the Romans and us, in Romans 8:14 (KJV), "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."
I read a story about the late, great, well-known Austrian-born American violinist and composer, Fritz Kreisler (1875 - 1962). He placed an advertisement that said he would play a concert in New York City on a priceless Stradivarius violin worth over half a million dollars. The concert hall was packed - Fritz Kreisler came out - and, he awed and wowed the audience with his violin virtuoso performance. The high notes seemed as if angels were singing and brought tears to the eyes of strong men! When he finished, the crowd stood to their feet in loud, spontaneous applause! To their horror, Fritz Kreisler took that violin, smashed it on the stage, stomped it into splinters, and then walked off! The people were stunned into silence!
Shortly after, the concertmaster came out and said to the crowd, "Fritz Kreisler has asked me to convey to you that he just performed this concert on a fifty dollar fiddle he bought at a pawn shop this afternoon. He wanted to show you that it is not the instrument; it is any instrument in the hand of the master." Our God’s grace is a deficiency equalizer - He takes ordinary lives and demonstrates His extraordinary powers in and through them. It is wonderful blessing to know what our Lord can do with our lives when we place them in His very capable hands!

In Christ,
Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwPeud_V7cg

No comments: