WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Brown's Daily Word 6-23-09

Good morning,
Praise the Lord for this new day. Praise the Lord for the summer season. It is going to be sunny and brilliant today. It is the Monsoon season in Orissa, India, where the summer season is over. The Schools will re-open on the 25th of June after the Summer break. Micah and Simeon, our grandchildren, took their mommy and daddy to the beach last Sunday for Father's Day. Last evening some friends installed a barbecue pit for me behind the parsonage, and a few days ago another friend delivered a cord of fire wood to use for barbecue. Alice is planning to take our nieces to Washington, DC this Friday, to visit Sunita and Andy. Janice, Micah, and Simeon might be coming down to New York towards the July 4 - exact days yet to be determined. We are excited.
Praise the Lord for The Church. Praise the Lord for the testimony and witness of John and Charles's Wesley. When England was in the midst of the decadence and darkness of the 18th century, the Lord raised people like John and Charles Wesley to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, unafraid, and with boldness, fresh fire, and passion. They were fully sold out for Jesus. They shook the gates of hell, by proclaiming the unchanging gospel in a changing world. They are a part of the company of the committed, surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses. I want to be counted in that company.

There’s a prayer written by Charles Wesley, which is a covenant prayer:
" I am no longer my own but Thine. Put me to what thou wilt. Rank me with whom thou wilt. Put me to doing, put me to suffering. Let me be employed by Thee, or laid aside for Thee, exalted for Thee and brought low for Thee. Le me be full, let me be empty. Let me have all things, let me have nothing. I freely and heartily yield all things to thy pleasure and disposal. And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Thou art mine and I am Thine. So be it. And the covenant which I have made on earth, let it be ratified in heaven. Amen." It's a beautiful prayer, and I believe we mean it when we say the words. But in truth we really have being exalted, being full, having all things more in mind than being brought low, being empty, and having nothing in the name of the Lord. Though we say yes, when those times come, we struggle, even complain. When we can readily and willingly respond to that kind of call from God, then I believe we have truly submitted our the authority of Jesus our Lord and Saviour.
In Him,
Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34yPZiD8OMs

A minister parked his car in a no-parking zone in a large city because he was short of time and couldn't find a space with a meter. Then he put a note under the windshield wiper that read: "I have circled the block 10 times.If I don't park here, I'll miss my appointment. FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES."When he returned, he found a citation from a police officer along with this note. "I've circled this block for 10 years. If I don't give you a ticket, I'll lose my job. LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION,"===========================There is the story of a pastor who got up one Sunday and announced to his congregation: "I have good news and bad news. The good news is, we have enough money to pay for our new building program. The bad news is, it's still out there in your pockets," =========================== While driving in Pennsylvania, a family caught up to an Amish carriage.The owner of the carriage obviously had a sense of humour, because attached to the back of the carriage was a hand printed sign"Energy efficient vehicle: Runs on oats and grass. Caution: Do not step in exhaust "

No comments: