WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Brown's Daily Word 4-7-09

Good Morning,
Praise the Lord for this Holy Week. Plan to attend and participate in various Holy Week services. Do not miss out in worshipping the Risen Lord on Easter Sunday, wherever you might be.
A preacher once wrote, “The ugly part of me sure showed his beastly face the other night. I was driving on a two-lane road that was about to become a single lane. A woman in a car beside me was in the lane that continued. I was in the one that stopped. I needed to be ahead of her. My schedule was, no doubt, more important than hers. After all, am I not a man of the cloth? “So I floored it. Guess what? She did too. When my lane ended, she was a fender ahead of me. I growled and slowed and let her go ahead. Over her shoulder she gave me a sweet little bye-bye wave. Grrrr. “I started to dim my headlights. Then I paused. The sinister part of me said, ‘Wait a minute.’ Am I not to shed light on dark places? SO I PUT A LITTLE HIGH BEAM IN HER REARVIEW MIRROR. “She retaliated by slowing down. To a crawl. This woman was mean. She wasn’t going to go beyond fifteen miles per hour. And I wasn’t going to take my lights out of her rearview mirror. Like two stubborn donkeys, she kept it slow and I kept it bright. “After more unkind thoughts, the road widened and I started to pass. Wouldn’t you know it? A red light left the two of us side by side at an intersection. What happened next contains both good news and bad news. The good news is, she waved at me. The bad news is, her wave was not one you’d want to imitate. “Moments later, conviction surfaced, ‘WHY DID I DO THAT?’ I’m typically a calm guy, but for fifteen minutes I was a beast!” We can be pretty good people at church most of the time, but the Lord of the Church, is very much interested in how we act and react outside the church. In Titus 3:1-2 it is stated, "Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men." The same thoughts are continued in I Peter 2:12, “Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds (and your good life) and glorify God...”
In Christ,
Brown

HOLY WEDNESDAY
6:00 PM Beginning with a special meal. We will be studying Purpose #5 from
The Purpose Driven Life,
You are made for a mission.

HOLY THURSDAY
April 9, 2009, 6:00 PM Sedar meal celebration with Ron Goldberg.

GOOD FRIDAY
April 10, 2009, 7:00 PM SIMON PETER, presented by Dr,.James Geer, Ph.D.

EASTER MORNING WORSHIP AND CELEBRATION
6:30 AM Sunrise Service. Ray Bartholomew will be preaching.
7:30 a.m. We will be having a family breakfast, prepared by Jim Holmes, Tim Barrett, and company.
8:30 and 11:00 AM Easter Celebration. Pastor Brown will be preaching on "Good News from the Graveyard in a Good Friday world."
The Adult Choir will be presenting special Easter Music during both services
9.30 AM Easter Celebration at Wesley United Methodist Church.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realm. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition, to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With is in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." - Ephesians 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfiacfoxSwc

No comments: