WELCOME TO MY BLOG, MY FRIEND!

Friday, March 20, 2009

Brown's Daily Word 3-18-09

Good Morning,
The Lord gave us a brilliant day yesterday. It was one of the ten best days of March. I spent the day visiting several people, one of whom was a self employed business man. He was working in his driveway changing the brakes in his vehicle on his driveway. "I am trying to save some money working on my van." He was dirty; he cleaned his hands and gave me a hug. He shared with me that things in the world are in uproar. "They are killing Christians and Jews all over the world. I have erected a big Cross behind my house near the pond. Whenever I am distraught I look at the Cross, and the Lord gives me peace." He shared about how his stepdaughter had brain surgery few years ago, and how the Lord healed her fully. She went on to grad school and is now working for Duke University. She will be getting married in October at the Duke Chapel. He further said that when- ever friends come to visit them he tells about the victory and peace the Lord gives him, in and the through the sign of the cross.
There is a story about a little girl who proudly wore a shiny cross on a chain around her neck. One day she was approached by a man who said to her, “Little girl, don't you know that the cross Jesus died on wasn’t beautiful like the one you’re wearing? It was an ugly, wooden thing.” The girl replied, “Yes, I know. But they told me in Sunday School that whatever Jesus touches, He changes.” That is part of the message in 1 Corinthians 1:18-20, "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: ‘I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate. Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?” In verses 22-25 Paul continues, "Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength." Some time ago I read a story about a man by the name of Fred. Fred lives in Afghanistan, and he relates this story about a Muslim woman, a university professor, attending an English class taught by YWAM volunteers. The woman said, “I started to go to sleep & suddenly my bedroom filled with light. At the foot of my bed stood Jesus, & I knew He had come to kill me!” The previous day she had stormed out of the English class after the teacher had begun to answer questions and to speak about Jesus to his students. As she stormed out she cursed the teacher. “I cursed you all the way home,” she told him. “I went home and I lay in bed and I was praying, ‘Allah, I want you to kill those people because they are not English teachers – they are missionaries and I want them out of my country! Kill them!’”It was then that she saw the vision of Jesus standing at the foot of her bed. “I knew He had come to kill me because I was asking Allah to kill His workers. So I got out of bed on my hands and knees. I was trembling, and I crawled to the feet of Jesus, waiting for Him to slay me... As I was trembling at His feet, I started to feel warm all over. I started to feel love wash over my body – love and mercy. I looked up at Him,” she said. “Jesus was so beautiful, I had to give Him my heart.” (Pray Magazine, Sept-Oct, 2002, pg 17) Today, that woman, a university professor, is a Christian who earnestly tells her students that Jesus is real, and that He is her Savior and Lord. Amazingly, from all throughout the Muslim world there are similar accounts surfacing. Jesus is real. Jesus is alive. The one who was slain from the foundations of the world is at work throughout the world, capturing hearts and changing lives.
In Him,
Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZW44LCiXoA

No comments: